Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lilly series


Diego Rivera's "Nude with Calla Lillies"


Today I started my new series of skullens, The Calla Lilly Series. Whilst embarking on research for my latest tattoo, which will be constructed of lots and lots of flowers, I found that inspiration came to me in the form of  Diego Rivera's paintings of Calla Lillies. There's such a simple elegance in the flowers and I thought that they would make a lovely addition to my skulls. 

Tux weighing up his options

So I started cracking on with some designs and I think they've come out pretty well actually. Now whilst embarking on the process I thought I would document some of the process, but found my efforts were being hampered... Lord Tuxley decided to "help".... hmmmmm I think this little beastie may find himself made into a pair of slippers if he's not careful....




Mister Soon-to-be-a-pair-of-slippers having a lil' stalk!




So here are the fruits of my labour, I hope they make it through the firing, they're a lot heavier than usual, and have way more layers. 




Calla Lilly no:1. She needs a name!

Calla Lilly no:2 she also needs a name...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment